Are You Facing Charges of Fraud, Embezzlement or Another Financial Crime?
Over the past several decades, government regulation and scrutiny of business activities have intensified dramatically. Prosecution of so-called “white collar” offenses is at an all-time high. As a business owner, corporate employee or anyone else engaged in financial transactions, you may find yourself caught in the crossfire. If so, you should speak with a qualified lawyer as soon as you possibly can. Recognize that:
- Most financial crimes are prosecuted in federal court, where the rules are specific, conviction rates are high, and sentencing is often harsh.
- White collar crimes often involve complex, extensive investigations prior to the filing of charges. The moment you suspect that you are a target or person of interest, you should contact an attorney.
- You must be certain that the firm you contact is led by lawyers with proven experience in dealing with business crimes, federal investigations and U.S. district court proceedings.
Our East Texas Defense Attorneys Will Protect Your Freedom and Reputation
At Files Harrison P.C., in Tyler, we have been providing exceptional representation in federal and state courts throughout East Texas since 1976. To cite just one of many accolades, founding attorney F.R. “Buck” Files, Jr. was named Criminal Defense Lawyer of the Year in 2004 by the Criminal Justice Section of the State Bar of Texas.
Both Mr. Files and attorney Brett Harrison are board certified in criminal law the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and in criminal trial advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. In plain English, this means they have skills, current legal knowledge and dedication you can trust. Our experience covers the spectrum of criminal charges such as:
- Mail fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, bankruptcy fraud and other forms of fraud
- Ponzi schemes
- Environmental and immigration offenses
- Charges alleging that a corporate officer did not act in the best interest of a company or its shareholders
- Crimes committed by public officials
- Tax fraud or evasion
- Allegations of criminal conspiracy charged under the RICO Act of other federal statutes
You Will Know All Potential Consequences and All Viable Options
Nearly all white collar crimes are federal felonies. Possible penalties include fines, prison sentences, and seizure of your assets. Further, white collar offenses often lead to civil lawsuits by plaintiffs seeking millions in restitution. Any civil liability imposed is in addition to– not a substitute for– any penalties imposed in the criminal case.
Our Tyler-based federal criminal defense team will get to know you and understand what matters most to you. In many cases, our ability to keep clients’ cases out of the public eye is nearly as critical as our work inside the courtroom. We are highly regarded for preserving the reputations and standing of our clients in the face of a criminal investigation or white collar criminal charges.
Turn To Our Criminal Defense Team with Confidence
For experienced and highly skilled representation focused on securing the best possible resolution to your case, turn to us at Files Harrison P.C.. We welcome inquiries from individuals and companies throughout East Texas, from Sherman to Beaumont, Marshall to Lufkin and all points between.
Simply call 903-730-6287, toll free at 888-250-2634 or contact us online now to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We accept credit cards for our clients’ convenience and have Spanish-speaking staff members.
Se habla español.