Proven Counsel for any Federal Charge or Investigation
If you know or believe you are the target of a federal criminal investigation, you need to hire an experienced federal crimes attorney. There is no time to lose. Our East Texas federal defense team’s foremost goal will be to prevent indictment if possible. If you’ve already been indicted, we will build the best possible defense for you.
You Need Dedicated Attorneys Who Know Federal Court Procedures
Any federal case in Texas is a serious case because your freedom and future are clearly on the line. The rules are different than in state courts. Conviction rates are high. Federal prosecutors are highly skilled and well prepared. Sentencing is tough. Your defense team’s experience and aggressiveness will be pivotal.
At Files Harrison P.C., our attorneys know their way around the U.S. District courts of East Texas. We have earned the respect of judges and opposing counsel in courts from Sherman to Beaumont, Tyler to Texarkana and elsewhere. We have decades of experience representing people accused of all types of federal crimes, including:
- Federal drug crimes, which often involve substantial quantities, transport, drug manufacturing or a combination of drug and weapons charges
- White collar financial crimes such as bank fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, embezzlement, money laundering and tax evasion
- Engaging in a criminal conspiracy, resulting in charges under the RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act or other federal statutes
- Possession of child pornography and other crimes often committed using the Internet
- Violent crimes such as bank robbery, carjacking, capital murder and other federal felonies carrying the stiffest penalties
Turn To Board-Certified Lawyers Who Will Prioritize Your Case
Attorney Buck Files has been practicing in East Texas federal courts for more than 30 years. Among many honors, he was named 2004 Criminal Defense Lawyer of the Year by the Criminal Defense Section of the State Bar of Texas. Attorney Brett Harrison has built a stellar reputation over a 20-plus-year career in the law.
Both Mr. Files and Mr. Harrison are board certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Additionally, both are former Smith County prosecutors with exceptional insight into the strategies and tactics used by government authorities.
Our team of attorneys is dedicated to working every angle to earn the best possible results for you. For example:
- If it is in your best interest, we will immediately contact the U.S. Attorney’s office to find out what evidence they have against you and what charges they are considering.
- We will advocate for you before all federal authorities involved, such as the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) or the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Our lawyers will explore every option for obtaining a dismissal, negotiating reduced charges or obtaining a manageable sentence.
- If your case goes through trial, you will have proven, strategic fighters for justice on your side.
Start Protecting Your Rights and Future Now
Don’t wait to get solid advice, and don’t entrust your case to an inexperienced attorney. For a free initial consultation with a federal crimes defense lawyer at our Tyler, Texas-based law firm, call 903-730-6287, toll free at 888-250-2634 or contact us online.
Se habla español.